Date of Birth: October 26, 1883 (Wise County, Virginia)
Date of Death: November 8, 1970 (Age 87)
Occupation: Author, Journalist, Lecturer
- America’s most beloved motivational author.
- Spent his life writing, teaching, and lecturing about the principles of success.
- Examined the power of personal beliefs, and the role they play in personal success.
- Interviewed and analyzed over 500 successful men and women, many of them millionaires, in order to discover and publish his formula for success.
- ‘Think and Grow Rich’
- ‘The Law of Success’
- ‘Positive Action Plan: 365 Meditations For Making Each Day A Success’
- ‘Poems That Inspire You to Think and Grow Rich’
- Napoleon Hill Foundation – http://www.naphill.org
- “What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
- “Any idea, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought.”
- “Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.”
- “First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.”
- “Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough in your mind’s eye, and you will be drawn toward it.”
- “If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.”
- “If you must speak ill of another, do not speak it, write it in the sand near the water’s edge.”
- “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.”
- “Success in its highest and noblest form calls for peace of mind and enjoyment and happiness which come only to the man who has found the work that he likes best.”
- “Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.”